It’s no secret that I have a major love for lip products; a good lipstick can take you from a bad mood to a good one, instill confidence, and make you feel full on glam. Read on to see my top lipstick picks for a kiss-worthy pout (just in time for Valentine’s Day).
The Revlon Ultra HD Lipcolors have quickly become a favourite of mine. They combine gorgeous colour, a smooth finish, and deep hydration into one shiny little package. They’re unbelievably comfortable on and their slightly sweet scent makes them perfectly kiss-worthy.
I have to start this post off by making an exiting announcement: I’m now an ambassador for Dixie Outlet Mall! I’m sure you’ve seen my posts about Dixie in the past; it’s an outlet mall located in Mississauga (and right around the corner from me, so I do a lot of damage to my wallet there) that has a ton of great stores with amazing prices, which means putting together an outfit on a budget is a snap. Over the next few months, I’ll be serving up fashion inspo and sharing all the amazing #DixieDeals that I snag.
Moving on, my first task as an ambassador was putting together a killer Valentine’s Day date night outfit. To me, the perfect Valentine’s Day outfit is sweet with a hint of sexy, and this is exactly what I wanted when I set out to do a little shopping.
I knew I wanted to find something pretty in pink, and was thrilled when I found this pretty, flowy top at the Forever 21 outlet for only $10.50! After scoring that amazing deal, I knew that finding the rest of my outfit would be a breeze.
I also wanted to find a pink bag to go along with the outfit and knew that Winners would be a great stop to check out next. Of course, this is one of my favourite stores and the Dixie location always has a great selection of new clothing and bags up for grabs. I fell in love with this pink purse from Steve Madden, which was a steal at only $40. It was the perfect match for my top, and while there I found a cute lacy bra and panty set ($20 for both) that also makes a perfect pick for Valentine’s Day.
To finish the outfit off, I decided to head to Urban Planet, where I found these over the knee boots ($45 with a sale) and cute black mini skirt ($15). They add a sexy touch to a feminine outfit and think they fit in perfectly with the look!
What will you be wearing this Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is almost here, which means it’s time to turn it up a notch for a sexy evening. Make yours perfect for someone special with these easy tips:
Get saucy and add a little extra sexiness to your evening. Try something a little different and unleash your inner vixen; there’s never been a better time for it! The Saje Wellness Tantra Sensuous Kit for Lovers contains Sensuous Mist, Massage Oil, a Tantra Candle and Sensuous Bath salts, all in their Tantra scent, for when things get a little hot.
Get sexy with a gorgeous lingerie set. Try something a little different, like this custom made set from Dark Side of the Loom. Red is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and you can never go wrong with lace and ribbon.
Get Ready and go glam. Give yourself a little extra love and try a service like beGlammed to make you look fierce for Valentine’s Day. The service brings professional makeup artists and hairstylists to your home so you can relax and let them take care of your look for the evening; you simply book ahead of time and they’ll do all the work! (I’ll be trying the service out on February 12th, so follow along on Instagram to see how it all goes!)
False lashes also make the perfect addition to any sexy look. Try a pair like these Kiss Lash Couture beauties to give your eyes flirty finish.
Get cooking and spend some time in the kitchen together. My guy and I love cooking together, and there’s something so fun about creating a dish and having a glass of wine while doing it. Try out a new recipe and turn up the music to see what you can come up with. Plus, there’s something so satisfying about sitting down to a delicious dinner you’ve created. Beginner in the kitchen? Companies like Chef’s Plate send everything you need for different recipes + steps every week so all you have to do is follow directions!
Fact: If you’ve got a hot Valentine’s Day date, you’re going to want to look your best. I’ve pulled together a few essentials that you’re going to want to have on hand when getting ready to meet that special someone this February 14th! *You may notice that there are no lip products listed here and think I’m crazy – No, I promise, I’m not crazy. They’re just going to take up an entire post on their own, coming soon!
- Mary Kay Sheer Dimensions Powder ($36.00) – A glowing complexion is a must when it come’s to Valentine’s Day beauty. Not only will this highlighter leave your skin with a luminous look, it also comes in a pretty package.
- Kiss Blooming Lash ($4.97) – Through a set of these on and get ready to bat your lashes! These flower inspired falsies come in a unique, multi-layer format, meaning that they look more natural but still add on fullness to make your eyes the stars of the show.
- Mistura Smoke & Mirrors Eyeshadow Palette ($39.49) – A smoky eye is a snap with this Vitamin A & E-enriched palette. Featuring a quad of charcoal-hued shadows, it’s easy to define your eyes and go subtle or full-on glam for a little V-Day drama that will get your partner’s heart racing.
- Avon Ultra Sexy Heart Eau de Toilette Spray ($26.00) -I don’t think it get more Valentine’s Day appropriate than this EDT. Notes of Maraschino cherries, red rose petals and chocolate marshmallow essentially capture the romantic occasion in a bottle, while the romantic packaging will look great on your vanity.
- Tweezerman ProCurl Lash Curler ($31.00 at Murale) – Pre-falsie application (or if you don’t want to risk losing a set if things get a little hot and heavy, this lash curler (in diff is definitely a necessity. Give your lashes a boost with beautiful curl and get ready to send some suggestive winks your date’s way.
What are your Valentine’s Day beauty picks?
Want to try something cute on your nails for Valentine’s Day but don’t want to put too much effort into the look? Try this easy lace mani tutorial for fun, date night ready nails.
What you need:
- Pink nail polish – I used Nicole by OPI In Sync With Pink
- A clear base coat/sheer polish
- Lace – try to find some that is very lightweight and not stiff (a mistake I made!)
- Paint 2 coats of pink polish on all nails except for the ring finger (or other accent finger of your choice). Allow to dry then lock in with top coat.
- Cut out a section of lace that will cover your accent nail. It’s ok if it’s not perfect!
- Paint 1 coat of base coat/sheer polish on your accent nail. Allow to dry just a little, so it remains tacky.
- Apply the lace section you had pre-cut to the accent nail, lightly pushing it into the tacky polish to allow it to adhere.
- Finish off by applying top coat over the lace, focusing on the edges, to lock the lace in place. Note that this will dull the colour of the lace a little bit so it is not as noticeable, but is a great way to ensure the edges are flat.
- Using small scissors (I like using brow scissors for this step since they can get in close), snip off any lace that hangs over the tip of the nail or that stick out in any place.
What do you think of this Valentine’s Day manicure?