I might not be ready to admit that summer is winding down, but it is. When the CNE is only a couple of weeks away, it’s a surefire sign that September is just around the corner, which also means back to school for many of us. I’m not heading back to school (a couple of online courses don’t count) but I still get excited thinking about BTS shopping – it was always one of my favourite things to do this time of year. Anyways, if you’re heading off for the first time or going back, check out my list of back to school essentials that will definitely make this year one to remember.
I’m notorious for having several notebooks on the go, which doesn’t always end so well. I’m totally coveting the Rocketbook reusable notebook because it’s so cool. You write on the pages and scan the code on the page to upload everything you’ve just written (or doodled) to your computer so you have everything safely stored and organized. The pages wipe clean so you can use them again and again.
Of course, you’re going to need a backpack to lug your laptop and textbooks around in. I always love shopping for backpacks and totally go for cute (and functional) styles, like this Tibes Backpack, that makes bringing everything around with me that much easier.
Comfortable, stylish kicks are a must for getting around campus, and let’s face it, at some point you’re going to end up being late for class or an exam and will need to hightail it from one side to the other. Grab a cute pair of sneakers, like these Keds Sneakers, for comfortable days spent in classes.
While yes, school is technically about academics, it also has a major social side to it. Print all of the snaps you capture at parties and events in an instant with the HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer so you can decorate and remember it all. I so need to get one of these!
We all know that school can get a little stressful, especially around exam time. If you’re living off campus and have a tub you can use, take some time to dstress when things get a little hectic with a bath bomb and keep your skin in check with The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash.
When you’ve been up all night studying or finishing an essay chances are you won’t have a lot of time to get ready to go before you head out the door. Get rid of bedhead in a flash with the InfinitiPro by Conair Hot Ionic Straightening Brush which quickly straightens and smooths the hair as you run it through your locks.
Oh, by the way, students get a free 6-month trial for Amazon Prime, and after that it’s 50% off – totally worth it, IMHO. What are you shopping for for your back to school essentials this year?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Amazon.ca and contains affiliate links, but as always
There’s never been a better time to stop and smell the roses! The Body Shop British Rose line is here, and it’s an absolute delight. What makes this collection so special is that the organic roses (grown by farmers Lee and Emma) are hand-picked, dried and then infused into the formula for the addition of quality rose essence.
With 8 products available in the lineup, there are definitely a few stars on this team. Read on to learn more about them!
Definitely the must-try from this collection, The Body Shop British Rose Instant Glow Body Essence is just what we need as the weather turns warmer and the layers start to come off. A delicate rose scent, not to be confused with the scent you probably associate with your grandmother, gives this one life, while the lightweight texture quickly absorbs into the body for a natural-looking glow and lasting moisture.
Polish your skin to perfection with The Body Shop British Rose Exfoliating Gel Body Scrub. Enriched with real rose petals, this gentle scrub sloughs away dead skin, with a gel texture that “melts” as it scrubs, leaving the skin feel smooth without being stripped of oils.
Finally, nourish your skin after exfoliating with The Body Shop British Rose Instant Glow Body Butter. I’ve been a fan of these body butters for years, and I’m glad to say that this one lives up to my expectations. This super rich moisturizer melts into the skin, leaving behind a velvety smooth finish that is jam-packed with moisture, so you’re skin always feels hydrated.
Will you be trying The Body Shop British Rose Line out?
Disclaimer: This post may contain samples sent for editorial consideration, but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo
At this point in time, I can almost assure you that I’m either sitting on the beach, trying to surf, or taking a hike by a volcano (follow me on Instagram to see my Costa Rica adventures!). Well, seeing as I’m essentially living on the beach for 2 weeks, I thought I would share what I’m bringing along with me!
So, what’s in my beach bag (or in this case, fanny pack)?
- Blinc Mascara + Eyeliner – Between hanging out in the water and sweating in the sun, there’s no room for mascara & eyeliner that’s going to bleed or melt, leaving you like a raccoon caught in the heat. These goodies from Blinc don’t go anywhere once they’ve been applied, which means you can go from the beach to drinks at the cantina in the blink of an eye. Oh, and they come off just as easily as they go on, despite their staying power.
- Eau Thermale Avene High Protection Emulsion – Sunburns? Ain’t nobody got time for that. Keep the delicate skin on your face safe with this 50+ SPF lotion. It’s water resistant, so you can feel protected if going in the water, and is small enough to carry around with you for easy reapplication throughout the day.
- Dermalibour+ Repairing Cream – Ok, yes, accidents happen and it’s better to be prepared & be able to deal with them so they don’t get in the way of your fun. This cream soothes, repairs and purifies skin issues (I accidentally burned my arm on my curling iron last week, and this worked so quickly), meaning it’s perfect to help deal with any pesky cuts, bug bites or – gasp! – sunburns.
- Darphin Hydraskin Light – After spending time in the sun, it’s always a good idea to stay moisturized. This cream gel helps to keep my skin feeling hydrated, and is lightweight enough that it doesn’t leave me shiny, which is exactly what I don’t want when I’m on vacation.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Drops of Sun – Give your foundation or moisturizer a nice hint of warmth with this “holiday glow creator.” Simply add a drop to your foundation, mix it in, and apply as you usually would. You can add more drops to deepen the intensity if needed!
- Shiseido Ibuko Quick Fix Mist – After spending time in the sun, your skin can feel tired and in need of a refresh. The gel-like formula turns to mist when you spritz it on your face, targeting dehydration and suppressing shine for an instantly fresh feel.
- Matrix Biolage Anti-Static Spray – My hair has a tendency to go a little crazy in the heat, and I’m counting on this anti-static spray to keep it in line. A couple of spritzes on damp hair helps to keep static from interfering with your plans.
- Sephora Shine Beautifully Watercolor Metallic Temporary Tattoos – because beach time calls for a little fun. These vivid, bright temporary tattoos add cute body art that washes off when you’re finished with it. I love how colourful they are!
What’s in your beach bag?
GUYS! It’s officially spring, which makes me one happy lil’ chicky. Granted, the weather may not be caught up as of yet (we’ve got freezing rain & negative temperatures on deck in Toronto), but this doesn’t mean that we can’t start getting into spring beauty. I’m all set to start giving myself a boost and I’ve pulled together some products that are sure to get you feeling warm and glowy so you can shake off winter.
- Kérastase PARIS Fondant Densité ($49 CAD) – I’ll be honest, during the winter months I don’t pay as much attention to my hair. It’s dry, there’s a ton of static going around, and I feel like when I do style it, it just tends to fall flat. This rinse out treatment is great for fine or thin hair that needs a little somethin’, with hyaluronic acid and intra-cylane to help plumpify and strengthen the hair.
- The Body Shop Drops of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum ($38 CAD) – Need a skin boost? This lightweight serum might be just what you need. It’s fast absorbing, smells great, and promises to reduce dark spots. You’ll immediately notice an improvement in hydration, and healthier, more toned skin will be yours after continued use.
- Formula X x Cupcakes and Cashmere polishes ($16 CAD ea) – This month’s Color Curators collection by Formula X features three polishes created in collaboration with Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere. Peach Tea and Latte Run, shown here, are absolutely perfect for spring with their delicate tones!
- MAC Powder Blush in Let’s Be Friends ($26 CAD) – Your cheeks are going to fall for this hot pink blush from the Flamingo Park collection. This satin brush gives off a killer pop of colour that will have you feeling the warmth in no time.
- Vichy Idéalia Day Care Smoothing and Illuminating Cream ($45 CAD) – Dull skin will find a friend in this new cream from Vichy, which helped to improve radiance and skin texture while reducing the look of fine lines and pores. Natural antioxidants help to fight back against the first signs of aging so your skin will be looking perky and fresh for spring.
- Benefit Dandelion Shy Beam ($34 CAD) – When you’re ready to restore a little life to your face, this nude pink highlighter is going to become a welcome addition to your makeup bag. This matte highlighter helps to add a pretty pink glow – dab it on your cheek & brow bones and blend in for a natural look that instantly brightens your face!
- Mèreadesso Beautiful Body Balm ($54 CAD) – Now that you’re looking good up top, it’s time to give your body a little love. This non-greasy lotion helps to tone the skin (because we all know bathing suit season is just around the corner) and helps with stretch marks & scarring with a blend of 8 vitamins and minerals.
I’m all set to get spring ready – are you? What products are you using to brighten up after the winter?
Disclaimer: This post contains products sent for editorial review, but as always, opinions are 100% my own! xo