YOU GUYS. Summer is here. You don’t even know how excited I am. Summer is easily my favourite season for many reasons; sunshine, beach days & patio drinks are just a few of them. The biggest reason? I love summer clothing. Dresses, skirts, shorts – they all make me a very happy girl.
Of course, summer clothing also means cute clothing, which is exactly what I look for when it comes time to date night on a warm summer evening. I went shopping at Dixie Outlet Mall to try to find the perfect summer date night outfit (for under $150!) and I came out very much on top with the #DixieDeals that I picked up.
To me, nothing says summer date night like a romantic maxi dress. There’s just something so lovely about flowing fabric and a bit of skin showing through in the right places. I found this floral print maxi dress at Winners (for only $35 – I love Winners for finding these great summer pieces at an amazing price), and it definitely fit the bill of everything that I look for; between the gorgeous summery print, open back and see through detailing in the front, it’s the perfect date night look. The best part about a flowy maxi like this? They provide lots of cover but are still cool enough for any situation, from a day at the beach to a summer festival to a romantic dinner under the stars.
When it comes to styling the outfit, I like to stick to pieces that are chic and continue to add on to the romantic vibe of the dress. The dress that I found has several different colours throughout, and I decided that pulling from the pale pink shade for shoes and a purse would be the perfect way to go. I fell hard for these strappy sandals I spotted at Aldo. The short heel means they’re comfortable and can last for hours (because the last thing you want to do while you’re on a date is start complaining about how much your feet hurt) and the millennial pink shade/rose gold metal detailing on the heel really got me. The scratch and save promo they were running didn’t hurt either; it brought them down to $64 before tax with 20% savings!
To finish the outfit off, I needed a small bag that matched with the dress. I found a super cute pink bag (for only $30) with a gold chain at Winners that went so well with the shoes and I absolutely had to get it. The woven front and tassel are so cute and the size is perfect for bringing a few things that I know I’ll need during my date.
How do you like to dress for a date night in the summer?
Disclosure: I am an ambassador for Dixie Outlet Mall, but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo
Summer is finally here and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s easily my favourite season, and I plan to spend lots of time in the beaching and by the pool while it’s here. Now, of course, this means wearing a bathing suit way more than usual and keeping things tidy down there is going to be a priority. I’ve been trying a couple of products from my friends at Nair that will definitely make things a lot easier throughout the summer.
Have you ever tried waxing at home? Trust me, it’s not as scary as it sounds and even easier than you might think. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably noticed that I spent a few weeks in April/May visiting my parents in Costa Rica. Down there I wore a bathing suit every single day, so Nair Wax Ready-Strips were my saviour (and totally will be for the rest of the summer).
The wax comes on pre-measured strips that you peel apart (no rubbing required anymore, though I find that it does help them to come apart a bit more smoothly) before smoothing down onto the area where you want to remove hair – going with the direction of the hair growth and pulling off in the opposite direction. They also come with a few finishing wipes to help remove wax residue and soothe the skin, though if you run out I find that baby oil works great as well!
I love how easy to use these Nair Wax Ready-Strips are; there’s no mess, no cleanup! They do a great job of removing the hair you just don’t want, and can be used on the bikini line, underarm or face (depending on which type you get). The strips with coconut milk oil are definitely my favourite as they work really well on sensitive skin, making them perfect for using on the bikini line. They’re going to be in heavy rotation as I navigate the beach this summer.
How do you get ready for the beach?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nair, but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo
Summer is finally on the horizon; after a few chilly weeks the sun has been shining and things are looking up! I love summer clothing and the sunshine that comes along with it, so now is the perfect time to start transitioning my wardrobe to cute, warm-weather outfits while still being able to deal with cooler temperatures. I picked up these perfect pieces from the Dixie Outlet Mall that will make the move from spring to summer clothing a lot easier.
I absolutely love dresses, especially on a warm day. The first hints of sunshine mean that it’s time to start wearing them more often. Unfortunately, sun dresses are a little out of the question at this point since it is still a bit cool, so I like to opt for maxis and knee-length versions, like this one that I picked up at Winners. They’re still cute but provide a little more coverage which makes them a lot more versatile. Throw a jean jacket on over top and you’ll be good in the evening when the sun goes down as well.
It’s not quite time to go full sandal every day, but I still love to wear an open-toed shoe. I’ve been loving this pair that I picked up at Famous Footwear (who, by the way, have a great reward program & regularly send out coupons – make sure you sign up!). They’re still sandal-esque but have a bit more coverage, making them great for wearing casually during the day or for a night out.
It’s still, sadly, not quite warm enough for shorts (though if the past few days are any indication, we should be there this weekend) but this doesn’t mean that you have to stick with regular blue jeans. A white pair (like these ones from Winners that I snagged for $25 – can you say steal?) really freshens things up, and keeping them rolled to a cropped length adds a bit more of a warm weather feel to them. Pair them with a cute tank with a bit of crop (this knitted style from Urban Planet is cute and inexpensive – they always have great sales and I was able to pick up a second in a different colour for only $1!) and a cute pair of sandals, like this pair from Boathouse that just so happened to come in millennial pink, and you’ve got the perfect outfit.
How do you like to transition your wardrobe from spring to summer?
After the weather we’ve been having for the past couple of weeks in Toronto, I’m ready to call it a day and move down south. I may still have a few weeks to go until I can spend some time in the sunshine, but I decided to start getting ready early & give you a little warm weather inspo. I recently made a visit to Dixie Outlet Mall to pick up some Spring Break Essentials – let’s check them out!
Of course, when it comes to spring break, spending some quality time on the beach is always key. I love a good pair of jean shorts ($12 – for real – at Boathouse) for wearing to the beach; they’re comfortable and look cute over a bathing suit! A pair of cute shades is always a must-have as well. I managed to score an amazing deal on these heart-shaped sunnies (on sale for $6 at Aldo) that give me major Riverdale vibes.
Of course, a cute bathing suit is basically the uniform of spring break, and I fell in love with this one from Ardene (I picked up the matching set for only $9). It has this retro feel to it that I adore, and has a really great fit. Who knew you could pick up an amazing bathing suit at such a great price?
To finish off my casual daytime wear, I found these fantastic Montego Bay sandals from Payless ($15) that can be worn on the beach or out for drinks later on! The gold and white straps add a really nice feel to these.
When it comes to spring break essentials, I also like to pack a fun nighttime look that’s perfect for dinner along the beach or dancing all night with a margarita in hand. This romantic romper from Winners ($25, compared at $40) was the perfect choice for this; I can’t wait to wear it for drinks at my favourite spot in Costa Rica next month! And of course, the perfect outfit deserves the perfect shoes, so I decided to splurge a little with this gorgeous pair from Call It Spring ($60). They’re really light and the wedge makes them super comfortable, which makes wearing them for a few hours that much more bearable.
What do you bring along when you go on a spring break vacay?
Disclaimer: I am a Dixie Outlet Mall ambassador & this is a sponsored post, but as always, opinions are 100% my own! And yes, I practically live at the mall.
At this point in time, I can almost assure you that I’m either sitting on the beach, trying to surf, or taking a hike by a volcano (follow me on Instagram to see my Costa Rica adventures!). Well, seeing as I’m essentially living on the beach for 2 weeks, I thought I would share what I’m bringing along with me!
So, what’s in my beach bag (or in this case, fanny pack)?
- Blinc Mascara + Eyeliner – Between hanging out in the water and sweating in the sun, there’s no room for mascara & eyeliner that’s going to bleed or melt, leaving you like a raccoon caught in the heat. These goodies from Blinc don’t go anywhere once they’ve been applied, which means you can go from the beach to drinks at the cantina in the blink of an eye. Oh, and they come off just as easily as they go on, despite their staying power.
- Eau Thermale Avene High Protection Emulsion – Sunburns? Ain’t nobody got time for that. Keep the delicate skin on your face safe with this 50+ SPF lotion. It’s water resistant, so you can feel protected if going in the water, and is small enough to carry around with you for easy reapplication throughout the day.
- Dermalibour+ Repairing Cream – Ok, yes, accidents happen and it’s better to be prepared & be able to deal with them so they don’t get in the way of your fun. This cream soothes, repairs and purifies skin issues (I accidentally burned my arm on my curling iron last week, and this worked so quickly), meaning it’s perfect to help deal with any pesky cuts, bug bites or – gasp! – sunburns.
- Darphin Hydraskin Light – After spending time in the sun, it’s always a good idea to stay moisturized. This cream gel helps to keep my skin feeling hydrated, and is lightweight enough that it doesn’t leave me shiny, which is exactly what I don’t want when I’m on vacation.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Drops of Sun – Give your foundation or moisturizer a nice hint of warmth with this “holiday glow creator.” Simply add a drop to your foundation, mix it in, and apply as you usually would. You can add more drops to deepen the intensity if needed!
- Shiseido Ibuko Quick Fix Mist – After spending time in the sun, your skin can feel tired and in need of a refresh. The gel-like formula turns to mist when you spritz it on your face, targeting dehydration and suppressing shine for an instantly fresh feel.
- Matrix Biolage Anti-Static Spray – My hair has a tendency to go a little crazy in the heat, and I’m counting on this anti-static spray to keep it in line. A couple of spritzes on damp hair helps to keep static from interfering with your plans.
- Sephora Shine Beautifully Watercolor Metallic Temporary Tattoos – because beach time calls for a little fun. These vivid, bright temporary tattoos add cute body art that washes off when you’re finished with it. I love how colourful they are!
What’s in your beach bag?