Beauties – here’s another “What’s In Your Makeup Bag” to tide you over. Allow me to introduce you to Emily Gravelle – a magazine editor and writer who is obsessed with beauty products! She began her career as an intern at Flare magazine, was formerly the Editor for Salon magazine and is currently a contributor for ElleCanada.com.
Here’s what she has to say about her makeup bag: “I tend to carry a lot more makeup than I probably need. If I’m out somewhere and need to do touch-ups (or re-do my entire face for that matter) I like to make sure I have all my favourite products on me. It was tough to narrow down the list to the few that would fit in the photo, but here are my beauty essentials that I never leave home without!”
Let’s take a look inside:
1. Stila Custom Color Blush: I’ve been wearing this blush for over a year now. While the bright colour looks deceiving at first, this pH-based powder blush adjusts to your individual skintone and takes the guesswork out of picking the perfect shade. I love the luminous, flawless flush that I get with this blush!
2. YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara: I am not blessed with beautiful lashes. I admit that recently I became obsessed with the hunt for the perfect mascara. I was going out and purchasing different mascaras every two weeks in my quest for full, voluminous lashes! A beauty consultant at Murale introduced me to this mascara and it has changed my life! The brush applicator combines nylon fibres of varying diametres for extreme volume enhancement. Even my husband noticed and asked if I was wearing false lashes!
3. M.A.C Mineralize Eyeshadow in Snow Season: This has been my go-to shadow for winter. I love the frosted, almost metallic-like finish that I get with this shadow. It has a bronzey champagne glow with a golden shimmer.
4. Sonia Kashiuk Eyeshadow Brush: I keep this little eye shadow brush in my makeup bag for touch-ups. It’s compact enough that it fits in my bag and the bristles are wide enough to get maximum coverage in just a couple of sweeps!
5. IT Cosmetics Brow PowerT Universal Eyebrow Pencil: I’m fanatical about my eyebrows, so I was thrilled when I discovered this product at the Cosmoprof convention in Las Vegas two years ago. The oval shaped tip creates the most natural looking, believable brow and is perfect for both thin and thick brows. The long-wear formula is waterproof and smudge-resistant.
6. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner: I picked this product up at a recent L’Oreal event. It’s part of the brand’s Spring 2012 releases and I have already fallen in love with it. I wear eyeliner every day, so the intense black definition I get with this pencil is fantastic! It glides on easily and I can instantly take my look from everyday to exotic.
7. Rimmel London Vinyl Max Lipgloss in Excess: This lipgloss has an innovative wand that allows you to apply the gloss in just one stroke. It keeps my lips soft, smooth and really plumps them up!
8. M.A.C Pro Longwear Lipglass in Full Speed Ahead: I’m crazy about wearing bold pops of colour on my lips, so I was absolutely delighted to find a gloss that has so much punch! This particular shade is a beautiful bright pink. It’s extremely versatile, so I find I can tone it down to just a light stain or play it up so that it looks very bold.
9. Benefit Erase Paste Concealer: This brightening camouflage concealer targets dark circles, discoloration and imperfections. It has a melon undertone that suits every complexion. It’s great for the days that I’ve had little sleep… or heaven forbid, a breakout!
10. Schwarzkopf got2b Powder’ful Volumizing Styling Powder: I have fine, very straight hair that is seriously in need of a volume intervention. Styling powders have changed my life! I particularly love this one as I can keep it in my makeup bag and sprinkle just a little bit of the powder on my hair for some added oomph.
11. La Roche-Posay Ceralip Lip Repair Cream: My lips get very dry this time of year, so I keep this product with me. It soothes my lips and can be worn under gloss or lipstick.
12. Powder FX: Cover FX Skin Care is an amazing Canadian brand. I recently tried out their compact powder and it quickly became my new favourite. The coverage is amazing, looks natural and lasts all day!
13. Mark Kabuki Brush: This compact brush fits perfectly in my makeup bag. I use it for powder or blush touch-ups. The bristles are dense enough that it enables a perfect amount of powder to be evenly distributed across the cheeks or face.
14. Belvada Cosmetics Eyelash Curler: I love this little compact eyelash curler. It’s completely transportable and I find it curls my lashes even better than my larger, metal curler.
Which of these products have you got to try? You can follow Emily on Twitter here.