Every now and then I love to change up my routine with some new products that make life just a little easier – or prettier. I’m always eager to see what P&G beauty has in store; with so many different brands on their roster, they’re constantly putting out new skincare, body & personal care options that I can’t wait to try out!
Today I’m sharing a few of my new favourites – have you tried any of these?
The new launch that I was most excited about this season is the Crest 3D White Whitestrips with Light. Crest has decided to take things a step further this season and have included a light that helps to increase and improve the strength of the white strips. The blue light technology they’re using is the best available over-the-counter right now. I’ve just started using these and can’t wait to see the results – white teeth for Christmas parties? Yes, please.
I’ve been loving the Gilette Venus Comfortglide Razor. I actually brought this down to Costa Rica with me because bathing suits were my every day clothing and hair legs/pits are not a good look for me. The awesome razor has been surrounded by moisture bars that containing body butter which means softer skin and a more comfortable shave.
I freaking LOVE the Pantene Pro-V 3-Minute Miracle Daily Moisture Renewal treatment. Whenever I’m having a bad hair day, I like to through this on. It seriously only takes 3 minutes to work its magic, and afterwards, you’re left with smooth, soft and silky hair. This came in especially handy while on my trip – between the sun, the wind and the saltwater, my hair constantly needed a treat to restore itself.
Spray deodorants have never really been on my radar, but I decided to give the Secret Fresh Invisible Spray in Ooh La Lavender a try. This spray is really quick drying, long-lasting and doesn’t leave behind any white residue. It keeps me feeling fresh all day, and I really love the fresh lavender scent.
Have you given any of these a try yet?
Disclosure: I am part of the P&G Beauty United program and received these samples from PR. As always, all opinions are 100% my own! xo
With warmer weather & rain arriving and beach season just around the corner, it’s time for a new set of hair problems to arrive. The change in weather sees a shift from hair that’s dry and damaged from the harshness of winter to locks that have to deal with humidity, friction and overexposure to heat & sun.
Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist Justin German and Principal Stylist Dr. Rolanda Wilkerson have broken down the season’s biggest hair issues and have put together a “haircast” to help you deal with these! For me, frizz is my biggest hair dilemma once the warmer weather hits. Once I step outside into a humid setting my hair goes poof, for lack of a better word. I’m definitely going to be tossing the Smooth Serum with Argan Oil into my bag to help keep my hair calm and relatively normal looking this summer!
What are your biggest hair issues now that the seasons have started changing? Want a little help dealing with them? My friends at Pantene Pro-V and I are coming to the rescue! I’m going to be giving away a set of all the haircast products mentioned above along with a $25 Loblaws gift card so you can keep your hair looking flawless this season. There are two ways to enter to win (enter both ways for double the chances! Make sure you’re following me so I can DM you if you win!):
- Instagram – Check out my must-have haircast product post here! Regram this image and let me know what your biggest weather-related hair dilemma is. Make sure you tag myself and @pantenehair and use the hashtags #haircast and #beautyunited to be entered!
- Twitter – Share your most annoying weather-related hair dilemma with me in a tweet! Tag myself and @pantene and use the hashtags #haircast and #beautyunited to be entered!
I’ll be selecting and contacting the winner on May 9th. Please note that the winner will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Good luck everyone! If you’re not on Instagram or Twitter, don’t worry – I’ll have more giveaways coming soon for you to enter!
What’s your number one weather-related hair issue?
Just in time for spring, the new P&G Beauty Spring/Summer looks have popped up on their Looking Glass Youtube portal. It’s really neat – COVERGIRL makeup artist Amelie Ducharme and Pantene Pro-V hairstylist Justin German have put together 10 hair/makeup looks inspired by the new spring/summer 2014 beauty trends, and have included step-by-step instructions and product recommendations to help anyone easily achieve these looks at home. I’ve also had the chance to take a look through these looks to put together my own, and ended up going with The V Files:
I headed to Wal Mart armed with a gift card to shop their list and to grab the products I would need to recreate this look on my own.
I did make a couple of changes/additions to this list. I added in the COVERGIRL Bombshell ShineShadow in Copper Fling for a pretty gilded look on my lids, and swapped out the Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo & Conditioner for those in the Colour Preserve line. Check out the final look!
What do you think? I also have a chance for one of you to recreate your favourite look at home with a $50 WalMart gift card – We’ll give you the shopping list you need to create your look and let you get to work!
Interested in winning? Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Please note this giveaway is open to Canadian citizens only. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Who watched the GRAMMY Awards this past Sunday? The who’s who of the music world came together to celebrate the biggest hits of the past year – and of course to get all dressed up and show off their style. There were so many amazing looks this year – check out a few of my favourites:
L-R: Katy Perry in a music-inspired Valentino dress (love the regal rope bun), Anna Kendrick is flawless in Azzaro (want!), Chrissy Teigen shines in Johanna Johnson, and Ciara is a glowing mama-to-be in Emilio Pucci
Anyways, P&G Beauty decided to get the Beauty United bloggers together Sunday night to gossip about our favourite looks and styles, and to get you involved as well. Thank you to everyone who took part in the #MusicGlam Twitter part – it was so much fun chatting with you and hearing what you all thought about the red carpet fashion and beauty! We even had COVERGIRL makeup pro Amelie Ducharme and Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist Justin German join us to give us their expert take on all the looks. Throughout the night, we talked about who had the best in beauty, and came down to our top two picks; Rita Ora’s makeup was a perfect mix of edge and glam, while Paris Hilton’s textured updo was hands down the favourite in the room.
Perfection, right? Well, things got even better because we got to see Justin and Amelie combine these two looks and create their own take on them using COVERGIRL and Pantene Pro-V products.
Our lovely model pre-Rockin Romancification
They quickly got to work while the show went out and we enjoyed the rest of the show. Which performances were your favourites? For me, Pink absolutely stole the show that night.
Here’s the end result – I think the combination of Rita Ora’s smokey eye and nude lip combined with the tousled, textured updo is perfection. I had a few of you ask for instructions on how to get this look and I’ve got exactly what you asked for. Read on to learn how to get this look!
Hair by Justin German:
- First, prepare by washing hair with the new Pantene Pro-V Damage Detox Weekly Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo.
- Blow-dry with a round brush and pin in clips, like you would rollers – this will give you a great foundation for this updo. Set hair with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray.
- After a few minutes, remove clips and shake out curls. Spray in Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KERAGLOSS Oil Mist to relax the look and build texture.
- Now, part the hair in two sections. Start by collecting hair from temple to temple and pile it in a knot on top of your head. With the remaining hair, gather and put into a ponytail just below the crown. While the sides are tight to the head, they are not slick. We want an undone look! Backbrush the ponytail, while misting with hairspray.
- Next, twist the ponytail downward and pin into the head all the way down. Finish by tucking in the ends with a few bobby pins at the nape of the neck.
- Undo the top section of hair and backbrush with a few spritzes of the Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity spray. Then lift hair at the front, creating tons of volume, roll and pin into the top of the hair roll that was created with the bottom section of the hair – connecting the top and bottom into one.
- For the final touch, using your fingertips, pull out a few pieces of hair from the front, lifting and spraying for even more volume and texture.
- Finish with a few sprays of KERAGLOSS for extra shine.
Makeup by Amelie Ducharme:
- To keep focus on the eyes, skin must look flawless. Create your base with COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation with a foundation brush.
- Even out any dark circles by applying COVERGIRL + Olay Eye Rehab CC Cream with a concealer brush. Apply in a triangular shape under the eye – from corner to corner and down toward the nose.
- Next, lightly apply COVERGIRL Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder under the eye to set concealer. Also apply on forehead, nose and chin for a natural yet matte skin finish.
- With your finger, apply COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow in Ohh La Lilac all over the mobile lid up to the crease and along the bottom lashline with a flat shadow brush.
- Using a shadow brush, apply COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black to the outside corner of the lid and then from the inside corner, blending toward the center of the eye, connecting both sides in the crease. To create dimension, apply the plum shadow from the COVERGIRL EyeEnhancer 4-Kit Shadow in Prom Queen to the middle of the lid, just below the crease.
- Also, sweep this plum colour under the eye. Then, rim the bottom of the eye, tighter to the lashline, with the Shadow Pot in Molten Black, blending slightly wider toward the outer corner of the eye.
- Next, line the entire waterline with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast Eye Liner in Black Fire. To intensify the look, use this pencil to trace over the shadow on the outer corners of the eye and blend out and up using the sponge tip on the other end of the pencil. Using a shadow brush, connect the shadow from the top and bottom lids just beyond the outside corner, lifting up and out toward the temple, elongating the eye. The further out, the more dramatic the look!
- Using COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion, trace along the upper lashline starting from the inner corner and creating a thicker line as you move to the outer corner extending just beyond the lash in an upward movement.
- Coat lashes with COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume Mascara in Very Black. Start with multiple coats of Step 1 for extreme volume, then apply Step 2 for a pitch black glossy finish.
- Finish the eye look by applying the silver shade from the Prom Queen palette under the brow.
- For this smoldering look, you want to create a thick, strong brow. Fill in brows with COVERGIRL Brow & EyeMakers Pencil one shade darker than your natural colour.
- To contour the face, use COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices. Starting with the darkest shade of the palette, apply just under the cheek bone at the temple. As you move toward the apple of the cheek blend the middle and lightest shade.
- Finally, prep lips by applying moisturizer topped with a thin layer of your foundation to cover any redness around the mouth. Then, fill in your pout with COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Yummy – a great pastel pink! For a more matte finish, apply a light dusting of Clean Pressed Powder.
What do you think of the Rockin’ Romance look?
Woohoo – the GRAMMY Awards are almost here! I love awards season. It’s the perfect chance to check out what all of the celebs are wearing and to get some fantastic beauty inspiration – and maybe dish on some fashion crimes. I know that myself and the rest of the Beauty United bloggers had such a great time chatting with all of you during the People’s Choice Awards, so we’re doing it again tomorrow night (Sunday, January 26th) during the Grammy Awards.
I’m going to be heading to Toronto tomorrow night to spend the evening chatting about the fashion and beauty from tomorrow night’s awards show with my fellow Beauty United bloggers and the lovely Arianne from Glitter Geek, who will be our Twitter party’s host! We’ll also be joined by COVERGIRL makeup pro Amelie Ducharme and Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist Justin German who will give us the inside scoop on getting all the looks and will even recreate our favourite look from the red carpet.
Sound like fun? Make sure you tweet me (@linerglttrgloss) and Arianne (@TheGlitterGeek) using the hashtag #MusicGlam during the Twitter Party tomorrow night (from 6:30-8:00 ET) and let me know who your top picks are for Red Carpet beauty and style. OH! And did I mention there are prizes for you? Because yes, there are PRIZES for those of you who join in! We’re going to be giving away 6 P&G Beauty Prize Packs (valued at $125 each – that’s a lot of COVERGIRL, Pantene, Olay and Herbal Essences!) throughout to night to participants!
“See” you tomorrow in the Twitterverse!