Summer is finally here and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s easily my favourite season, and I plan to spend lots of time in the beaching and by the pool while it’s here. Now, of course, this means wearing a bathing suit way more than usual and keeping things tidy down there is going to be a priority. I’ve been trying a couple of products from my friends at Nair that will definitely make things a lot easier throughout the summer.
Have you ever tried waxing at home? Trust me, it’s not as scary as it sounds and even easier than you might think. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably noticed that I spent a few weeks in April/May visiting my parents in Costa Rica. Down there I wore a bathing suit every single day, so Nair Wax Ready-Strips were my saviour (and totally will be for the rest of the summer).
The wax comes on pre-measured strips that you peel apart (no rubbing required anymore, though I find that it does help them to come apart a bit more smoothly) before smoothing down onto the area where you want to remove hair – going with the direction of the hair growth and pulling off in the opposite direction. They also come with a few finishing wipes to help remove wax residue and soothe the skin, though if you run out I find that baby oil works great as well!
I love how easy to use these Nair Wax Ready-Strips are; there’s no mess, no cleanup! They do a great job of removing the hair you just don’t want, and can be used on the bikini line, underarm or face (depending on which type you get). The strips with coconut milk oil are definitely my favourite as they work really well on sensitive skin, making them perfect for using on the bikini line. They’re going to be in heavy rotation as I navigate the beach this summer.
How do you get ready for the beach?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nair, but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo
As I type this, I’m getting ready to hop on a plane to Costa Rica for 2 weeks (and as you read this, I’ll be hanging out in paradise). Of course, getting ready for a vacation for me goes a little bit further than just packing and picking up the essentials, especially after winter! Here’s a quick look at what I’ve been using to get me beach ready!
- St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Tanning Oil – As I’ve been adding a little colour to my body, I’ve been using this lightweight tanning oil on my face – there’s nothing worse than seeing pictures afterwards and realizing that your body looks tan and your face is noticeably several shades lighter. Add 2-3 drops into your skincare routine (I like to mix this in with my moisturizer) and apply evenly to the face to gradually develop a natural looking tan.
- Jergens Natural Glow 3 Days to Glow – Yes, I’m a procrastinator. Which means that a few days ago I realized that I’m still way too pale to be on the beach and needed to do something about it! Jergens recently introduced their new 3 day version of Natural Glow, which develops a really nice, light tan in just 3 days. Use it in place of your regular body lotion and you’ll definitely see a difference after a few uses!
- Elancyl Slim Design – This French body serum was developed to target and reduce the appearance of stubborn cellulite. Applied using a specially designed massage technique, it helps to smooth the skin in just 7 days – I’ve been using it for about that long, and though I don’t have serious cellulite yet, I have seen a difference.
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Butter Cream – My hair is a bit damaged right now, and since I know I’m going to be spending time in the sun and salt water, it’s definitely in my best interest to give my hair a healthy boost . This leave-in treatment helps to repair dry hair, adding in a ton of hydration and increasing shine & strength.
- Nair Wax Ready-Strips for Face & Bikini – I’m essentially going to be living in a bathing suit for the next two weeks, and I definitely don’t want to have to worry about cleaning up my bikini line every couple of days. These wax strips are ready to use and super easy – Separate the strips, apply and pull. Granted, it doesn’t feel great ( as with any waxing down there), but the results last longer than shaving and the hair grows back in lighter and more evenly.
- Nair Shower Power Hair Remover – Again, as with the bikini line, I don’t want to be constantly shaving my legs. My hair grows in pretty fine and light down there, so I decided to use this depilatory to remove the hair from them. It’s really convenient when you’re in a hurry – apply before you get in the shower and rinse off after a few minutes and you’re good to go!
How do you get ready for vacation?