I’m spending a little time in Costa Rica visiting my family right now and I absolutely love it here. The way of life, “Pura Vida”, is carefree, happy and full of adventure. It’s reminding me of the things in my life that really matter and how I love this lifestyle. I brought a few pieces from the new Boho by Spence Diamonds collection down with me because this line really speaks to how carefree and fun everything feels down here.
The Boho by Spence Diamonds collection helps to capture the boho way of life; the pieces in it are all representative of the girl who loves to travel, has a passion for art and exploring her creative side and embraces her femininity, while continuing to care for the environment and society. All of these flow through the earrings, bracelets and necklaces you can find in the collection.
The jewelry all focuses on incorporating symbols that speak to the boho gal: Elements (Earth, Fire and Water), Leaf, Lotus, Paisley, Feather and Arrow. Each symbol tells a different story that helps to represent a feeling. Personally, the lotus and feather symbols really speak to me – the lotus represents the future with endless possibilities, while the feather is all about soaring and taking yourself to new heights.
One of the most important parts of this collection that really speaks to me is that it features Artisan Created Diamonds which are environmentally sustainable and ethical – 1% of each purchase from the collection goes towards the NGO Not For Sale which works to end human trafficking.
I’ve already fallen in love with a few pieces from the Boho by Spence Diamonds collection and have a feeling I’ll be getting more in the future. Make sure you visit them on Facebook and Instagram as they’ll be running giveaways for this collection! Oh, and US customers get free shipping on any Boho orders – just a little bonus.
Will you be looking into anything from the Boho by Spence Diamonds collection?
Want to spoil a lady in your life this holiday season, but not where to start? I’m sharing some of my top gift picks for every budget today so you can find the perfect beauty gift (within your budget)! Read on to see my top picks.
- mark. Nailed It Trend Mini Nail Lacquers ($11) – Two picture perfect mini nail lacquers in complimenting colours will have her creating gorgeous nail looks in no time!
- Olay Essentials Holiday Gift Set ($10) – Make sure she has what she needs to keep her skin looking great throughout the holidays with this set containing Olay Wet Cleansing Towelettes & Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer.
- Fresh Sugar Rosé Ritual ($23) – She’ll love you for this Fresh gift set & will gladly show off her smile all holiday season long, thanks to the Sugar Rosé Lip Shine Treatment & Tinted Lip Treatment.
- Birchbox Membership ($10/Month, available in 3, 6 or 12 month options) – The gift that keeps on giving! Each month, she’ll receive a box full of deluxe beauty samples right to her door.
- QUO Lips All Around set ($25 at Shoppers Drug Mart) – This set of 8 QUO lip glosses will have her starting the new year with a brilliant smile – and lots of choice!
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Ornament ($22) – This purse size version of Philosophy’s Amazing Grace fragrance smells great – plus, you can hang it on the tree before you gift it!
- The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Tin of Delights ($39) – Who doesn’t love finding a treat from The Body Shop under the tree? This set, in the limited edition frosted cranberry scent, comes complete with shower gel, body butter, lip balm and a shimmer fragrance globe (which you will LOVE).
- Mary Kay Cream & Sugar Gift Set ($30) – This limited edition set contains the Chocolate Cocoa Body Scrub & Marshmallow Body Whip – can you say delicious?
- Benefit Cosmetics Real Cheeky Party Kit ($50) – As any girl knows, Benefit’s blushes are top shelf, which makes this set a must-have under the tree. Seriously. It contains 5 of their fave powder blushes, Watt’s Up highlighter and They’re Real! Push-Up Liner & Mascara. Plus, they’re housed in the cutest keepsake tin.
- Vichy Christmas Boxes ($39.50 each, available at drugstores) – She will so thank you for gifting her one of these tins, especially when you choose her perfect match. The boxes feature Vichy’s amazing lines – Liftactiv, Neovadiol, Aqualia, Proeven & Normaderm – so can find the one that matches her skin’s needs!
- Avon Makeup Design Palette ($30) – The perfect set for someone who’s starting to play around with makeup or who loves changing up their look! This set contains 21 shadows, 6 lip glosses, 3 blushes, 1 bronzer and an instructional booklet.
- QUO Backstage Brush Set ($70 at Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques) – As if this 8 piece brush set (with gold handles) wasn’t enough, it comes in this stunning geometric clutch that will definitely come in handy on NYE!
- Mary Kay Limited Edition Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush ($60) – This limited edition colourful version of MK’s Skinvigorate brush is the perfect size for travel and gives a great clean!
- Saje Wellness aromaGem Gift Set ($85) – I’m going to start off by letting you know that I’m absolutely crazy for Saje Wellness. I have the aromaGem and l-o-v-e it – and I can guarantee she will too. This nebulizing diffuser even comes with two holiday-ready diffuser blends: Tree Scents & Peppermint Twist. Get. Her. This. You’ll thank me.
- Pearls for Girls Armona Bracelet ($70) – Let’s be real here; What gal doesn’t want a little bling around the holidays? This bracelet is so unique, with a great combination of stones that’s perfect for layering. LOVE.
- Too Faced Le Grand Palais ($72) – This set is enough to make my Too Faced-loving heart jump around in my chest. I mean, 18 eye shadows, 2 blushes, bronzer, highlighter, plus deluxe Better Than Sex Mascara, Melted Lipstick & Shadow Primer Insurance – need I say more?
- Clarisonic Smart Profile Set ($299) – This set really takes on 3-in-one gift status. The Smart Profile comes complete with a facial brush head, a brush head and the pedi disc/buffing head combo, meaning she’ll be taking care of from head to toe.
- My Burberry Festive ($135) – My Burberry smells amazing enough as is, but through in some luxe gold flakes and this limited edition version will be sitting pretty on her vanity.
- Sephora Glitter Happy Brush Set ($106 in store) – Oh you guys. This brush set is just so pretty. The 6 makeup brushes have found their home inside this beautiful rose gold glitter-filled acrylic base, and they’re oh so soft. I’ve made mine a permanent fixture on my desk.
- Bobbi Brown Bobbi’s Runway Beauty Secrets ($118) – This amazing set of BB’s perfectly on-trend products will have her creating a gorgeous look in no time!
- LUSH Under the Mistletoe ($130) – Give her the gift of relaxation and let her pamper herself with this collection of LUSH’s holiday favourites. Between the bath bombs, soaps, massage bars, shower gels & other treats, she might never leave the bathroom again.
What are your top beauty picks for gifting this holiday season?
Accessorizing can be the easiest way to instantly take an outfit from drab to fab. I love playing around with new jewelry to try to spice up an outfit, and I’m so excited to announce that I’m one of Pearls for Girls’ newest ambassadors! Over the next 6 months I’m going to be sharing some of their newest pieces, some of my fave pieces, and I might even have a few little treats for you along the way.
Pearls for Girls combines Swedish design with high level craftsmanship for a line that’s natural, stylish and affordable. I really love the fact that all of the pieces in the line are made from natural materials – think freshwater pearls, semi-precious stones and crystals. This also means that the pieces have unique characteristics to them, since the natural materials will all have variations.
Up first I wanted to share a few gorgeous pieces from the core Pearls for Girls collection. The Olivia bracelets ($41) are classic, and can be easily paired with many different outfits. I love the gorgeous shine the rhinestones give off, making them sure to dazzle. Available in three different tones – silver, gold and rose gold hues – there’s one available to suit your mood. I’m personally more of a gold/rose gold fan – I think these tones work a little better with my skin tone – but I really like throwing on different combinations of these for a mixed metals look.
What do you think of the Olivia bracelets?
Disclaimer: This post may contain samples sent for editorial consideration, but as always, opinions are 100% my own! xo
It’s December 1st – do you know what that means? The 12 Days of Holiday Beauty are back for a third year. If you missed out on the past couple of years, each day from now until December 12th (and bonus day if you’re really nice), I’m going to be sharing different brands and products that make great gifts or additions to holiday beauty routines. I’ll have quite a few bases with covered between makeup, skincare & accessories… And I might even have a little something for the gentlemen thrown in for good measure. So without further ado, it’s time to get started with the 3rd annual 12 Days of Holiday Beauty!
Day 1 is all about adding a little glitz and glamour to your holiday look with Cocoa Jewelry. I think the holidays are the perfect time for everyone to dazzle just a little bit, and doing this can be as simple as adding a gorgeous piece of jewelry to an outfit. Cocoa Jewelry was designed to offer pieces that combine high fashion style with affordable prices so that any woman can find a signature piece that won’t break the bank (pieces run from $25-120). The line has a little bit of everything so suit different styles – I personally adore those with a bit of an edge, like the necklace I received from Co-Founder & Creative Director Nancy D’Onofrio, below.
Cocoa Jewelry’s new Holiday line is perfect for all of the parties and get-togethers you’re sure to find yourself at this season. These sparkling crystal pieces are sure to be eye-catching, while the snowflake/starry feel to them is oh so festive. The Vega Crystal Necklace ($80, below) is sure to inject a little holiday glamour into any look. Since everyone can use a beautiful piece to add something special to the perfect holiday outfit, Cocoa Jewelry and I are going to give away a Vega Crystal Necklace to one of you! Enter to win via the Rafflecopter form below. Each giveaway will be open for 2 days following the opening of the giveaway. Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hi beauties! Since this season is all about style with TIFF in full swing and WMCFW just around the corner (not to mention all of the other worldwide fashion weeks currently on the go), I thought I would share with you a jewellery line that I’ve recently stumbled upon. New to Canada, Pearls for Girls is a Swedish costume jewellery line with a wide range of styles. Designer Ulrica Fosshagen created the line in 2005 after friends inquired about the personal jewellery she had been designing for herself. The brand recently made the move overseas to North America, and I’ve been wearing a few pieces to try them out.
So far, so good. One thing that I really enjoy about the line is that a lot of the pieces have a bit of an edgy, rocker vibe to them that I really enjoy Lots of chains, mixed metals and geometric shapes make for a happy Dee. That being said, I think there’s a real variety to the line. I’ve looked through pages of jewellery and have been able to find items that would appeal to everyone – my mom and friends may be finding some gifts from Pearls for Girls in the future 😉
I really appreciate the price range of this line too. As someone on an entry-level budget, I have to admit that while I love my jewellery, the amount I can spend on items is not too high. I don’t think I was able to find a single item over $80 (most fall quite a bit further below this), which makes this a great option for those of us who love to accessorize but don’t necessarily have the funds for a large collection.
I really like these pieces that I’ve had a chance to try out (I’m actually wearing the bracelets today!) and can’t wait to do a little more shopping. Have you ever tried any jewellery from Pearls for Girls? What do you think of the line?