Hey guys! I made another video, another first – here are my August favourites. I definitely stuck to a bit of a skincare theme last month and was really focused on repairing and trying to keep my skin healthy with everything that goes on during the summer (hint: there’s a lot). Late nights and lots of activities really take their toll on the skin, so I’ve been focused on products that help to perk my skin up and give it a bit more life.
I have to start this post off with a bit of exciting news for my Canadian pals – it Cosmetics has made its way in store at Sephora across the country. Seriously, this is such an exciting development for me. I fell in love with the brand (and their Bye Bye Under Eye concealer) a few years ago and I’m looking forward to trying out more of the products now that I can actually see them in store!
Anyway, enough about that – let’s get to the goods. Today I want to talk about the it Cosmetics CC+ cream, a new favourite of mine. The CC cream boasts that you’ll have “Your Skin But Better” with use and I knew that I had to put it to the test – my pal Jess from Beautezine has always raved about this, and I really trust her opinion on cosmetics.
First, I love the fact that this cc cream actually takes care of your skin while you wear it – it also acts as an anti-aging serum with a combination of hydrolyzed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C and E. Products that multitask and do double duty are so amazing in my book, especially when it comes to makeup. I feel a lot better about wearing something on the daily when I know that it’s providing added benefits for my skin. It also contains SPF 50+, which means it protects from the sun while wearing – throw it on before you head out for the day & you’ll feel better knowing that you’re going one step further. I love products with high levels of SPF so you don’t even have to think about sun protection!
The it Cosmetics CC+ cream claims to be full coverage, but I see it as more of a medium coverage foundation. It does provide nice coverage and helps to hide imperfections, but I find that you need to spot conceal or add a second layer to really get full coverage. It does a really nice job of evening out the skintone and hiding redness; my skin is left with a really glowy look and a dewy finish. I’ve also noticed that my pores appear smaller and my skin feels hydrated while wearing it. Make sure you blend in to avoid a cakey finish. I like to start off by applying with the Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush before blending with a Beauty Blender.
it Cosmetics CC+ Cream swatches in Fair, Light, Medium, Medium Tan, Tan, Rich & Deep
The CC cream is available in 7 shades as of right now, ranging from fair to deep. I’m currently wearing shade Light, but will probably need to switch up to Fair as we move later in the year; the lighter shades do tend to wear a bit darker. If needed, you can totally blend a couple of shades together for a custom match.
Before/after wearing it Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream
Have you ever tried it Cosmetics CC+ Cream? Let me know what your favourite CC is in the comments below!
Disclaimer: This post contains PR samples sent for editorial consideration but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo
If you happened to see my Beauty Favourites post from last week, you would have noticed that I had it Cosmetics‘ Bye Bye Under Eye concealer included in the list – mainly because it’s the best under eye concealer I’ve ever come across. I’ve also had a chance to play with several other it Cosmetics products, and I’m seriously impressed. Their products actually do exactly what they say they will, which makes me a very happy beauty blogger.
I’ve got some good news for my Canadian friends who want to give this company a try. On July 28th, 2013 it Cosmeticswill be the featured Showstopper on The Shopping Network. The featured item will be the it Cosmetics Your Most Beautiful You Collection, which features 6 must-haves (one of which is a brand new launch).
This kit contains products that are perfect for enhancing your natural beauty. Bye Bye Under Eye (supersized!!), a cult fave, expertly covers dark circles for a look that lasts all day. The included Heavenly Luxe Dual Airbrush Foundation/Concealer Brush is perfect for applying this product smoothly. The Hello Light Anti-Aging Creme Luminizer, applied with the included Heavenly Luxe Pointed Precision Complexion Brush, is used to lighten shadows and darkness so your skin looks instantly lifted and glowing. Ideally, once applied to areas of the face like the center of the forehead, above the brows, under the eyes above the cheekbones and on the bridge of the nose, the lightly shimmery luminizer will give the skin a healthy, rested look. One thing I just want to mention – these brushes are incredibly soft while giving great results.
it Cosmetics Your Brows But Better, Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Gloss
The Your Brows But Better Brow Power Skinny Pencil is the perfect tool for filling in and defining your brows. The super slim pencil makes is easy to get the perfect shape and shade to match your face, while the spoolie brush helps to groom the brows and blend the pencils in for a more natural look. And last, but certainly not least, is the newest addition to the it Cosmetics family – the Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Gloss Stain. It may look light pink, but applies clear and actually turns into a more rosy colour after a few minutes. The formula is smooth, not sticky, and just gives your lips a really pretty flush.
If you’re interested in checking out it Cosmetics and this 6 piece collection, I suggest tuning into the Shopping Channel or stopping by the website – this will be available for one day only, from 10:00 pm est on July 27th to 10:00 pm est on July 28th.
I personally love hearing about what other people’s favourite products and beauty tools are – it let’s me know what works and what items other are proud to have in their collection. In the end, I always end up finding new products that I haven’t tried or heard of before and want to add to my must-try list. I’ve decided I want to start sharing my beauty essentials with you – things that I’ve fallen hard for and am not planning on giving up any time soon. I’m going to try to give you an update on the items I’m obsessing over every season so you can stay up to date with me! Read on to learn about my beauty essentials and let me know what yours are in the comments section below!
1. Quo by Orly Nail Polish in Hey Girl! Every summer I’m on the lookout for the ultimate hot pink polish to paint my toes with. This summer, my pigs have been very happy with this oh-so-bright neon pink from Quo by Orly. The colour has got some major boldness that I think suits my sandals so well. Not only that, but the name of this shade totally throws visions of Ryan Gosling into my head. (Side note: This shade is going to be available mid-August 2013. Can’t wait that long for a bold pink? Check out current shade Femme Fatale. It’s a great hot pink as well, just a little brighter than Hey Girl!)
2. Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara – This new mascara from Make Up For Ever has got me batting my lashes in the best kind of way. The cone shaped brush is perfect for ensuring every lash is coated from root to tip, while the super black, highly pigmented formula means you get dramatic colour every time. My lashes look long and full of volume with this on!
3. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye – Dealing with dark under eye circles? You seriously need to add this waterproof concealer to your beauty routine. For me, this is the holy grail of under eye concealers – nothing even comes close. The formula is a little on the thicker side, which means that it provides excellent coverage and doesn’t budge all day. Even girls with the most stubborn dark circles will be pleased with the results you get from this. You can thank me later.
4. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa – This deeply nourishing night mask is like a tall drink of water for the face. Applied to the face 1-3 times per week at night, it transforms the skin while you sleep, leaving you to wake up with a brighter, more moisturized face that glows. Oh, and it has a light, amazing smell that is so relaxing.
5. Rowenta Infiniti Pro Sensor Dryer – There is honestly not enough I can say to sing the praises of this dryer. My number one hair styling tool, it gives unbelievable drying power. When I started using it, I was amazed to see that I cut my hair drying time in half. It also comes with a thin concentrator and a diffuser which make this the perfect dryer for creating multiple styles. I LOVE THIS BLOW DRYER. I might die without it. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit here, but you get the picture.
This past week I was lucky enough to be invited to Montreal by the GlossyBox crew to attend Glossy Party Montreal – I was even the special honoree of the evening, which was such an honour. I had an amazing time and we were pampered beyong belief. I brought my lovely mama bear with me to attend the event, and we had an absolute blast – between getting our hair and makeup touched up, chowing down on yummy cupcakes and treats from the candy bar, sipping some delish champagne and walking out with some amazing swag, it was definitely a night to remember. Thank you so much to the crew at GlossyBox for throwing such a fab event and making me feel so welcome.
Check out some pics from the event, and keep on reading for your chance to win a May GlossyBox of your own!
Now’s your chance to take home a bit of the GlossyParty – want to win a May GlossyBox of your own? You can check mine out here. Who knows, I might even sneak in a couple extra treats. Go ahead and enter using the rafflecopter form below. You have until June 13th at midnight to enter! and don’t forget, if you don’t win you can still save $1.50 off your first box by using the code GLOSSY8!