If there’s one thing I know about Kat Von D beauty, especially after chatting with makeup artist Erik de Soto, it’s that every single product has been developed and tested to be of quality that Kat herself can be proud of. Vegan/cruelty-free makeup has come a long way – there was a time when payoff, shades & options available weren’t what you would hope for, but with lines like this the products are easily on par, if not better, to other non-vegan options.
For fall 2016, KVD has decided to expand on her Lock-It offerings, making it easier than ever to find the perfect components to create your most flawless complexion. So, what does Kat Von D have in store for us?
1. An expansion on the best-selling Lock-It Foundation ($47 CAD) lineup. With new packaging and the addition of 13 new shades (for a total of 30), KVD is making it easy to find your match – when you’re at either end of the skin tone spectrum, it can be a bit of a task to find the shade that accurately matches. The addition of these new shades, with various undertones, provides more options. Mo options, no problems.
2. Complexion perfection is just one step closer with the new Lock-It Concealer Creme ($34 CAD). Super pigmented, high coverage and nice & creamy, these cover imperfections in a flash and hide dark circles. They’re also perfect for highlighting & contouring – Erik suggests picking up 3 shades (one that matches your complexion, one darker & one lighter) and using these to shape your face
3. KVD is also adding in one more essential product with the new Lock-It Setting Powder ($39 CAD, not pictured). Completely translucent, and perfect for any skin tone, this loose powder is unbelievably lightweight with a matte finish that helps to blur the skin for an even smoother look.
The new Artistry Brush Collection is stunning and amazing – you’re going to want to get your hands on these gorgeous brushes. They’re soft and lush, with 100% cruelty-free bristles and stiletto-shaped handles that are not only super chic, but functional as well – Erik mentioned that these can be used as spatulas for blending products together.
4. The Lock-It Foundation Brush ($43) has been sculpted to fit into the contours of the face, ensuring even, all-over application that gets into every corner. Blending is also easy with the thick, full bristles.
5. The perfect companion to the new concealer creme, the Lock-It Edge Concealer Brush has a sculpted head to make precise, concentrated application easy. The brush is also perfect for contouring with its smooth edge – apply a deeper concealer in use the edge to blend up and into the skin.
6. Finish off your face by applying powder with the full, soft Lock-It Setting Powder Brush. The long, rounded brush picks up just the right amount of powder and evenly distributes it over the skin.
7. Fans of baking will definitely fall hard for the Lock-It Precision Powder Brush. An arched edge with dense bristles allows for precise application – apply a layer of setting powder over concealer, allow it to bake for a few minutes, then brush it off to lock the makeup in.
The new Lock-It offerings (aside from the foundation addition, available October 2016) will be available in July 2016 at Sephora.
Disclaimer: This post contains products sent for editorial consideration, but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo