Feel like you would rather be living in a fairy tale? These perfect product picks will help you embrace your inner unicorn-loving princess in the prettiest way possible.
The Tarte Magic Wands Brush Set contains four perfectly twirled brushes that are as pretty as they are useful. The unicorn horn-shaped golden handles and colourful brush heads are too cute, as if anyone really needs another excuse to buy more brushes.
I’m going to go right out and say it – St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favourite days of the year. It’s right up there with Halloween and Christmas. And my birthday. Anyways, my love affair with St. Paddy’s blossomed when I was in university (go figure). My friends and I would go all out every year, making our own t-shirts and going all out clothing, accessory and decorating wise. Well, this definitely hasn’t changed and I thought I would bring some of the green spirit to the blog this year with a St. Patrick’s Day Nail Tutorial that’s not only super cute but extremely easy – no nail art skills needed for this one!
When I think of St. Paddy’s, visions of green and gold go rushing through my mind, so I thought I would take those two and throw them together for a mani that perfectly suits this fun day. I like to call it the Pot of Gold Mani, and I’m sure you can understand why!
- Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in The Green & The Grunge
- Essence Nail Art Decoration Kit
- Start off by applying two coats of green polish to all of your nails except those you want to use for an accent (I usually go with my ring fingers). Seal with top coat.
- For the pot of gold accented nails, start off by applying one coat of any gold polish. You’re not going to see it but it helps in case of gaps between the glitter.
- Immediately after applying the polish (probably best to do one nail at a time), shake the glitter over the nail, covering it entirely. I went with the medium-sized round glitter included in the nail decoration kit.
- Give it a couple of minutes to dry, then brush or knock off any excess glitter that isn’t sticking or that falls off the edge of the nail.
- Once completely dry, apply a layer of top coat to lock the glitter in.
See? So easy and so perfect for St. Paddy’s! What do you think of my St. Patrick’s Day Nail Tutorial? Will you be celebrating with some green beer?
A few weeks ago Essence celebrated it’s one year anniversary in Canada. Not familiar with Essence? Sold in Shoppers Drug Mart stores here in Canada, they offer great makeup at great prices – nothing is over $5! Some of the new products I’m really excited for are the Nail Art Stampy Set, the STAYS No Matter What 24h Waterproof Eyeliner Pen and the 3D Duo Eyeshadows.
We got to take a look at the new launches and some of their best-selling products, get our polish touched up, and enjoy the ice cream bar. There was also a “lip-reader” on hand to tell us our fortunes! Take a look below for pictures from the event.
Hi beauties! Last week, I was lucky enough to attend the amazing party thrown by Essence cosmetics to showcase their new products for spring/summer 2013, as well as some favourites (post coming soon!). We got absolutely spoiled, and decided that you guys shouldn’t miss out on the fun just because you weren’t there!
I’ve teamed up with 3 other bloggers, Jenelle from Nelle Creations, Sandra from Moms Makeup Stash and Amber from Canadian Fashionista, to offer you a chance to bring home some amazing goodies from Essence! Each of us will be giving away one fab Essence prize pack, which means you have 4 opportunities to win!
If you win my prize pack, you will receive everything in the following picture:
You can check out the other bloggers’ prizes by clicking through the following links:
Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Contest is open worldwide. Good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
With the new Bond movie now out, and since I’m going to be checking out the Bond Exhibit at the TIFF Bell Lightbox tomorrow, I thought it was the perfect time to rock a Bond inspired mani! Take a look:
Polishes used: OPI polish in Goldeneye (of course, couldn’t have a Bond mani without a bond polish!) and Essence Cosmetics polish in Black is Back.