With the Oscars tonight, there’s never been a better time to talk red carpet beauty. Whether you’re planning on walking the red carpet, hitting up an Oscars party or just getting glam for a night out, here are a few tips that will help take your look to celeb heights.
Get red carpet ready with these tips:
When you’re going to be in the spotlight or in front of the cameras, you don’t want to have to worry about fixing your lipstick. Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss adds sheen, a ton of colour, and has great staying power so you don’t have to worry about touch ups throughout the night. A red lip is a classic that never goes out of style!
Fact: If you’ve got a hot Valentine’s Day date, you’re going to want to look your best. I’ve pulled together a few essentials that you’re going to want to have on hand when getting ready to meet that special someone this February 14th! *You may notice that there are no lip products listed here and think I’m crazy – No, I promise, I’m not crazy. They’re just going to take up an entire post on their own, coming soon!
- Mary Kay Sheer Dimensions Powder ($36.00) – A glowing complexion is a must when it come’s to Valentine’s Day beauty. Not only will this highlighter leave your skin with a luminous look, it also comes in a pretty package.
- Kiss Blooming Lash ($4.97) – Through a set of these on and get ready to bat your lashes! These flower inspired falsies come in a unique, multi-layer format, meaning that they look more natural but still add on fullness to make your eyes the stars of the show.
- Mistura Smoke & Mirrors Eyeshadow Palette ($39.49) – A smoky eye is a snap with this Vitamin A & E-enriched palette. Featuring a quad of charcoal-hued shadows, it’s easy to define your eyes and go subtle or full-on glam for a little V-Day drama that will get your partner’s heart racing.
- Avon Ultra Sexy Heart Eau de Toilette Spray ($26.00) -I don’t think it get more Valentine’s Day appropriate than this EDT. Notes of Maraschino cherries, red rose petals and chocolate marshmallow essentially capture the romantic occasion in a bottle, while the romantic packaging will look great on your vanity.
- Tweezerman ProCurl Lash Curler ($31.00 at Murale) – Pre-falsie application (or if you don’t want to risk losing a set if things get a little hot and heavy, this lash curler (in diff is definitely a necessity. Give your lashes a boost with beautiful curl and get ready to send some suggestive winks your date’s way.
What are your Valentine’s Day beauty picks?
Don’t forget about mom! With Mother’s Day being only a few days away I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect treats to surprise my mama bear with. Since it’s all about her this Sunday, I’ve come up with a few ideas that I think she’ll absolutely love and hope to inspire you as well!
- Pamper her with the OURS by Cheryl Hickey line! There’s no better gift that being taken care of and feeling refreshed. As a new mom, Cheryl wanted to create a line that would be safe, simple and natural, and perfect for the whole family to use. The line is free from all the bad stuff so you can feel good about using it! Put together a little gift basket with the Face & Body Exfoliator ($11.99 CAD), EveryBody Lotion ($11.99 CAD) & 3-in-1 Hydrating Oil ($14.99) to mom can feel beautiful (as if she isn’t beautiful enough already) from head to toe! PS. Click here for a Mother’s Day message from Cheryl!
- Treat her with eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balms ($7.99 CAD)! These cute little sphere shaped balms are a fun little treat for her to pop in her purse. This limited edition set contains the Passion Fruit and Fresh Watermelon flavours.
- Give her a fresh scent with Avon Outspoken Fresh by Fergie Eau de Parfum ($30.00 CAD). This fun, vibrant fragrance is perfect for spring and summer with fresh notes of sparkling citrus, blackcurrant flower and sandalwood. One spritz and she;ll feel her spirits instantly lifted!
- Illuminate her with the new Lise Watier Teint Lumière Luminous Foundation ($39.00 cAD). This foundation provides ultra-light yet buildable coverage for a finish that blends seamlessly into the skin. It evens out the skintone and gives a look of instant radiance. Make her glow like the goddess she is!
- Treat her like a pro and give her the perfect tools for flawless beauty with this brush set ($50.00 CAD) from the QUO Mother’s Day collection. Colourful and springy, this set contains everything she needs for her beauty routine; foundation, concealer, blush, shadow definer, crease blender, gel liner, liner/brow definer and lip brushes can all be found in this lovely kit with a handy pink travel bag.
- Refresh her with an at-home spa night. These face masks from Montange Jeunesse are exactly what she needs to kick back for a night. Through on her favourite movie and treat her to a glass of wine while these masks work their magic. The Super Fruit Mud mask ($1.99 CAD) deeply cleanses & nourishes pores while the Dead Sea Mud Spa mask ($2.49) cleanses, invigorates & revitalises the skin so she ends up looking brighter and feeling fresher than ever!
- Let her relax with a warm cup of tea & let her enjoy the beautiful weather outside with Lemon Lily’s Canadian Maple tea ($7.00 CAD). This organic & all natural tea contains a blend of fair trade rooibos, Canadian maple & brown sugar for a sweet treat that she’ll love.
With the beautiful, radiant orchid being Pantone’s colour of the year I figured it would be the perfect time to pull together some of my favourite orchid-inspired products and items so you can inject a little bit of this warm and confident shade into your beauty routine and wardrobe. Take a look at my Radiant Orchid Roundup and let me know what your favourite orchid picks are in the comments below!
- Lancome Vernis in Love in Violet Coquette ($16; Lancome.ca) – Brilliant colour and shine make this violet polish perfect for adding a bold pop of colour to your tips. With a long-lasting finish, you can easily rock this shade for days without worrying about chipping and dullness.
- Avon Eye Dimensions in Sweetheart Plum ($10; Avon.ca) – Avon made it easy to get the perfect sculpted, feminine eye with their new eye dimensions shadows. Soft and creamy, they blend seamlessly with the skin. The three shades make it easy to add colour, highlight and slide on some shimmer. I love the pretty purple shades included in the Sweetheart Plum compact.
- Benefit Cosmetics Lollitint ($30; BenefitCosmetics.com) – This year Benefit decided to add a new tint to their lineup. This perfectly-timed candy orchid toned tint is a great way to add a bit of the colour of the year into your beauty routine. Dab and blend a little into your lips or cheeks for long-lasting, smudge-proof colour!
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eye Shadow in Golden Orchid ($18.50; ElizabethArden.com) – This gorgeous shade takes on a new, darker form of the beautiful rose-gold trend. This shadow gives off a multi-toned look with soft shimmer.
- Caryl Baker Visage Pantone Lipstick in Plume ($18; CarylBakerVisage.com) – Inspired by Panton’s colours of the year, Caryl Baker Visage decided to debut three bold lipstick shades (tuscan orange, cherry blossom and plume), with the dramatic orchid shade being front and center. Add a pop of colour to your lips with this on-trend shade!
- Fraas Cashmink Scarf (Under $30; Fraas.com & Amazon) – Spring may finally have arrived but we’re still facing some chilly temperatures up in Toronto. This “cashmink” scarf from Fraas is the perfect solution for staying warm while looking cool. Made of 10% acrylic materials, this scarf is soft and smooth, with a feel that is almost identical to cashmere. It’s light enough to make the transition into spring while still helping to cover up, and this peony shade is ideal for both the season and matching with the colour of the year. This style is available in 16 shades including periwinkle, berry and amethyst.
Of course, there’s also the Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid Collection which features some amazing orchid products! What’s your take on the radiant orchid trend?
Disclaimer: This post contains products sent from the company for editorial consideration. All opinions are purely my own personal judgements.