Toronto Fashion Week is only 1 week away! Can you believe it’s so close? I’m always eager to see what the designers will be showing on the runway for next season – we have some amazing talent, and it’s always great to get some inspiration. But of course, my favourite part is always heading backstage to see the amazing looks that Maybelline, Redken and Essie come up with! I love getting some beauty inspo that I can translate into every day wear and incorporate into my look. I’ll be hitting up a few shows next week & spending some time backstage, so make sure you follow me on Twitter (@linerglttrgloss), Instagram (@linerglttrgloss) and Snapchat (deetommy) for live updates!
Anyways, Fashion Week is always a super busy and tiring time for everyone. Between heading to shows, checking out events and after parties & working, looking and feeling your best isn’t always easy! I’ve pulled together some of my Toronto Fashion Week beauty essentials that I’m planning on taking full advantage of to make sure I’m feeling fresh all week long. What are yours?
So, what will I be using to look great during Toronto Fashion Week?
- Quo by ORLY Color Amp’d – Is there anything worse than a chipped nail or peeling polish when you’re on the go and don’t have time for a touch up? This 2-step mani is quick drying and long-lasting, reminiscent of a gel mani without the UV curing, lasting 75% longer than traditional manis. The best part? The polish is “flexible,” meaning that nails are smudge proof while drying.
- Benefit the POREfessional Matte Rescue – This new release from Benefit has quickly become one of my must have products, and it will definitely be coming in handy to keep shine at bay during TFW! This lightweight gel mattifies and blurs pores for smooth, shine-free skin. I love throwing this on before makeup, with a little added boost from the POREfessional (the original) on top, for the perfect base. I love how refreshing it feels, and I’ve noticed that it really does help to prevent my skin from getting shiny throughout the day. LOVE IT!
- Clinique Pep-Start – Late nights, early morning and running around all day definitely takes its toll, and tired-looking eyes are a dead giveaway when you’re not feeling 100%. This eye cream, with a blend of seven peptides and other soothing & energizing ingredients, is the perfect pick me up for those tired eyes. I love the packaging; you simply pop the top, give the tube a squeeze, and roll the cream on using the ball-shaped applicator. Bonus: Keep it in the fridge. The feeling of the cool applicator and cream will be extra soothing!
- Benefit Best.Night.Ever Kit – This kit, created with Pinch Provisions, makes sure you don’t have to worry about any beauty or wardrobe malfunctions. Complete with hair spray, emergency tape, bobby pins, a brush/comb combo, deodorant towelette, hair tie, breath drops, mirror and a sweet little tube of the POREfessional, this purse-sized kit will keep you going all day & night. It even contains a pair of flats, because we all know there’s nothing worse than trying to walk in a pair of sky-high heels at the end of the night.
- Sephora Blotting Papers (Cooling Mint) – This perfectly sized pack of blotting papers is exactly what you need when you’re feeling a little worn out. The cooling mint sensation helps to refresh and soothe while a couple of quick dabs sops up oil so you look like you just got a touch up.
- Kat Von D Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer – Making my eyeshadow last has always been a priority for me, and Kat Von D’s new primer is making this easier than ever. The stick primer, available in different shades to match your skin tone, applies & blends in nicely and helps to even out the skin tone so shadow applies evenly. It has a bit of a tacky finish, meaning eyeshadow sticks and lasts!
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray – When I’m on the go, I want my makeup to look good all day, natch, and this setting spray is just what I need. A few quick spritzes in the morning before I leave the house are all I need to keep my face looking fresh, and the mattifying formula is water-based, so I don’t have to worry about my skin drying out.
- Sephora Breakups to Make Up Bag – Of course, I need something to store everything I need in and to keep it all together. This supa dupa cute bag is a great size, and the slogan is perfect, non?
What products do you count on to keep you looking great when you’re on the go?