Have you ever wanted to try the ombré lip? I’ll admit I’ve always been intrigued by the look, but I’ve seen some major fails that have made me stay away – until now! This past weekend, I stopped by the Shopper’s Drug Mart #LipsAndScents beauty gala at the Sherway Gardens Beauty Boutique location, where I had a chance to chat with some of the beauty advisors and learned how to achieve the perfect ombré.
I had a chance to chance with beauty expert Sim during the #SDMBeautyGala, and she walked my through the steps to get the perfect red ombré lip, some of which were a little surprising – they worked unbelievably well to get this look. Want to give it a try? Follow these steps and it will be easy!
- Start by prepping the links. Use a lip scrub to buff off dry skin and resurface your lips. Afterwards, apply lip balm and let it sit for 2-3 minutes to absorb. Blot your lips with a tissue to absorb excess moisture (if you’re going with a matte lip).
- Apply a coat of your chosen lip colour. Sim matched me up with Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Infrared Matte. She suggests starting with this to give the liner something to adhere to.
- Here’s where things get interesting. Take a brown eyeliner (yes, eyeliner), like Lise Watier Smoky Kohl Velours in Brun Velours, and line the lips, putting extra emphasis on the corners of the lips.
- Apply a second coat of your lipstick, being careful to blend the liner into the colour so that it fades in. Blot with a tissue to set.
- Finish the look off with a bit of highlighting. Dab a lip brush into a highlighting powder, like Shiseido’s Face Color Enhancing Trio in PK1 – she blended together the top two shades), tap it off, and apply to the inner center of the top and bottom lip to add a beautiful highlight.
What do you think? Head here to learn more about getting the perfect lip and finding your signature scent, or head to your nearest Beauty Boutique for personal recommendations!
This blog post was sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique but the opinions are all my own.