I love Natalie Dormer’s style – she’s got this perfect bit of edge that she brings to every look, which is something I can so appreciate. Her most recent appearance at the Hunger Games, Mockingjay Part 2 premiere last night was no different. Wearing a gorgeous, embroidered Vivienne Westwood gown, Dormer still brought a hint of sophisticated edginess with what International Creative Director for Macadamia Professional Diannandrea called her “Rock & Roll Princess Back Bun.” It’s slightly messy while still being structured, featuring a pompadour-ish front and a gorgeous bun in the back.
Get the Look:
- Apply Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer ($25) from roots to ends of wet hair.
- Blow dry large sections with a large round brush to create ample volume all over.
- Rub a quarter sized amount of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream ($26) in palms and apply throughout hair to create texture and separation.
- Tease the roots at the crown to build volume.
- Twist the hair back in small to medium sections and secure with straight pins, leaving wispy pieces loose.
- Emulsify more Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream ($26) in palms and use fingers to gently scrunch the hair for piecy texture.
- Twist remaining hair into a back bun in the center of the head and secure with pins for an effortless finish. Leave small pieces out on the side for a windswept look.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Spray ($25) to secure the hair.
Will you give this a try?