SUMMER IS HERE! Yep, as of Sunday summer has officially arrived. I’m going to help you get ready to beat the heat and survive the season with some of my top warm weather beauty picks.
- The Refresh Botanicals BB Cream ($24) is perfect for giving your skin a bit of a boost when the heat hits. This lightweight BB cream helps to even out skintone, leaving it more radiant and smooth, while hydrating (thanks to safflower, almost and jojoba oils) and protecting against the signs of aging. It’s ideal for days at the beach when you want a bit of coverage and hydration without layering on the foundation.
- Shine bright with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel ($12 ea/$20 for duo pack). 2 new collections and 5 limited edition shades coming in July mean tons of colour options (the Boho Chic collection is hella bright and perfect for pedis!) while a new Top Coat Activator locks in colour and provides serious shine and volume, giving you the effect of a gel manicure at home – without using a UV/LED light!
Tame Your Mane
- Banish fly-aways and frizz with Redken Fly-Away Fix Finishing Sheets ($25). These sheets, which resemble those used in the dryer to get rid of static, are easily stashed in your purse for easy access throughout the day. Swipe one throughout your hair and over fly-aways to tone them down for a sleek finish.
- Make styling your hair after a day in the water a snap with Cake Beauty Satin Sugar Texturizing Beach Spray ($24, available July at Murale). This non-drying spray helps to build body and create soft beachy waves using sugar and a tiny bit of salt. Spray it in, scrunch your locks and let them air dry for a perfectly tousled look.
- Give your hair a deep clean with Biolage Cleansing Conditioner ($34 for 1L). Available in 4 different formulas for fine, medium, coarse & curly hair, these conditioners get rid of the need for shampoo so you can give your hair a rest, while nourishing, strengthening and preventing frizz. Get rid of product, chlorine and sweat buildup so your hair stays cleaner and fresher longer.
- Minimize blow dry time with a spritz of Matrix Style Link Turbo Dryer Blow Dry Spray ($18). This quick drying spray helps to speed up your blow dry while helping to tame frizz and fly-aways for smoother, sleeker style.
- The Sephora Collection Glitter and Chill Cooling Mask ($15) is the perfect way to relax after a day in the sun or the morning after. Keep it in the fridge and throw it on to depuff, cool down tired eyes & relax.
- Wake up tired skin with the Sephora Collection Moisturizing and Energizing Jelly Mask ($24 for 6 masks). These individually packaged masks help to refresh and illuminate tired skin for an instantly energized look. Pop them in the fridge for half an hour before using for an instantly refreshing and cooling feel.
- Getting used to your favourite or new sandals & wedges again can be a pain. Polysporin Blister Treatment ($8). These discreet, water resistant pads help to immediately relieve blister pain while they give a cushion that protects from rubbing so that blisters can heal quickly and you can keep rocking those sky high wedges.
What are your favourite beauty products to help you survive the summer?
Disclaimer: This post contains samples that were sent for review, but as always, opinions are 100% my own and completely honest. xo!