Happy New Year! The big night’s tonight and I’m sure everyone’s starting to get ready for the evening’s celebrations. Looking for a way to add a little more sparkle to your look? Check out this super easy Sparkly NYE Mani and tutorial below – no skills needed!
- Prep your nails for polish – apply lotion before hand to soften up your cuticles, file your tips to make sure everything looks good, clean any oil or leftover polish off your nails with remover and start with a base coat to get your nails ready (especially important when using dark polish!).
- Apply two coats of a black polish – I used Nicole by OPI Totally in the Dark since it has a hint of shimmer to it.
- Starting at the base of the nail, swipe a shimmery gold polish towards the tips, going about halfway. This doesn’t need to look perfect – I think it’s better when it’s a little haphazard and it doesn’t end in a straight line. I used OPI A Heart of Gold for this step.
- Add some more sparkle! Follow up and brush a polish with loose glitter overtop of the gold from the previous step, ending around the same area, though it doesn’t hurt to bring a few sparkles a little further down! I used Nicole by OPI Kissed At Midnight (appropriate, no?).
- Finish off by locking all of the colour in with a fast drying top coat!
Voila – an unbelievably New Year’s Eve mani to give your look a dazzling finishing touch. How will you be doing your nails for New Year’s Eve?