Packing for a vacation isn’t always easy. I find I’m constantly making a list and checking it twice leading up to the day of departure. Of course, cutting down on space is always an issue – I swear, I usually try to bring absolutely everything, which is definitely problematic. I mean really, how much can I possibly use over the course of a week? I picked a few products that are my must-haves to try to cut down on what I bring. What will you find in this list? Some multi-taskers, some that make getting ready a little easier, and a couple that are just downright fun.
- Benefit Big Easy Multi-Balancing Complexion Perfector – this tube of goodness (full review here) is right at the top of my vacation packing list. It helps even out the complexion without providing too much coverage (hey, it’s a vacation – you don’t need to be overdone) while sun protection of SPF 35 helps to put my mind at ease when I know I’m going to be spending a little time out in the sun.
- Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Waterproof Mascara – My new favourite waterproof mascara! Once on, this stuff doesn’t budge, which is perfect for spending a day at the pool or on the beach. No one has time for raccoon eyes and this does the trick. It also adds lots of length and volume to every lash with its fantastic curved brush – the perfect choice for sending a wink that hot lifeguard’s way.
- L’Oreal Paris Youthcode Pore Vanisher – When I’m on vacation, the last thing I want is to look shiny. I like to blend some of this pore vanisher into my skin before applying makeup and heading out the door. It really helps to minimize the look of pores and zaps the shine for a matte look.
- imPRESS Press-On Manicure with Ultra Gel Shine – I’ve been obsessed with these press-on nails for a while now and figured there’s no better place to rock these than on vacation! They help to accomplish a couple of things for me; my nails look fantastic and fun (there are a ton of different colours/designs to choose from) and I don’t have to worry about polish chips & broken nails. When I’m on vacay, I don’t want to have to worry about doing my nails and these very quickly and easily solve that problem.
- Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream – When I’m rocking shorts, skirts and bathing suits, this lotion is a lifesaver. With a light tint (it comes in light and medium/deep), it helps to even out and illuminate the skin, giving skin an immediate boost that builds up as you continue use. I love the fact that it acts as a tinted moisturizer for your body and really does help to give the skin a healthier appearance.
- Gilette Venus Snap with Embrace – I’m in love with this pint-sized version of the Venus razor. It literally fits in the palm of my hand and comes with a little carrying case for easy travel. It fits easily into luggage and works just as well as the full-sized version.
- mark. That’s Beachy Texturizing Surf Spray – If you’re like me, sometimes you just get lazy with vacation hair. When I’m getting out of the pool or planning on lounging around, I don’t really want to spend time blow drying, straightening or curling, which is where this spray comes in handy. Spritz it throughout the hair and give your locks a scrunch to add some wave before diffusing or letting it air dry. Voila – beach/worthy waves that make mermaids jealous.
- got2b Guardian Angel Frizz Taming Hairspray – One downside or vacationing somewhere hot? Humidity and frizz. Thank the hair gods for this spray, which helps to tame the frizz so you don’t end up looking like Medusa once the humidity hits. Spray some on before heading out and enjoy smooth, frizz-free locks.
- Nuxe ‘I Am Prodigious’ Huile Prodigieuse OR (Limited Edition) – When showing off a bit more skin, I want it to look fantastic. This gold, shimmering oil is the perfect companion for a night out dancing or lounging by the pool. The oil adds great moisture which the gold shimmer helps to highlight and illuminate the skin.
What are you vacation beauty essentials?