For me, sun protection is one of the things that first comes to mind when it’s time to get ready for a vacation. As a naturally pale gal, I have a tendency to burn easily and make it a priority to protect myself from too much sun exposure. My family also has a history of skin cancer, so it’s extremely important to me to be safe to prevent any future scares. That and I’m not a big fan of premature aging. I’ve rounded up some great sun protection products to help you make it through the summer. And make sure you check out some of the sun safe tips I shared last summer to make the most of them.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Fluid Lotion, SPF 60 ($29.95) – Extremely lightweight, this is perfect for facial application. 60 SPF ensures your face will be kept safe while you spend a few hours in the sun. Non greasy which is extremely important to me in a facial sunscreen.
- L’Oreal Paris Silky Sheer BB Face Lotion, SPF 50 ($14.99 – also available in a non-tinted version) – Ooh, how exciting. This tinted facial sunscreen makes it easier than ever to wear as it helps to even out the skintone. It gives just a hint of colour and has a really nice texture/finish. Non-greasy and water resistant.
- Cyberderm H2O Hydration ($60.00) – This is the perfect accompaniment to a little sun exposure. Meant to have the same benefits as drinking 300 glasses of water, this olive oil based moisturizer is perfect for restoring your skin’s natural moisture and replenishing it.
- Vichy Capital Soleil Invisible Mist, SPF 30 ($29.95) – This mist, which provides UVA/UVB protection, is great for anyone – even those with sensitive skin. It dries extremely quickly and dare I say it even smells nice??
- Garnier Ombrelle Dry Mist, SPF 60 – Get the ultimate in protection with this high strength sunscreen spray. It’s easy to apply and perfect for those days when you know you’re going to be spending a lot of time in the sun. It’s also alcohol free, so no worries about it drying out your skin.
- L’Oreal Paris Silky Sheer Lotion, SPF 50 ($14.99) – For those who prefer the more traditional route to sunscreen and enjoy a lotion, this lightweight version is a must. It packs a ton of protection and contains Vitamin E for 8 hours of hydration. It also has a very pleasant smell!
- Cyberderm Simply Zinc Sun Whip, SPF 30 ($38.00) – Although a little thicker than the L’Oreal Paris Lotion, this whip absorbs quickly and blends in easily for solid protection. I really like the fact that it has an olive oil base – you can feel the effects of this as soon as you apply and it provides great moisture.
- L’Oreal Paris Invisible Protect Dry Oil Spray, SPF 30 ($14.99) – Ooh my, does this stuff ever smell delicious. Ideal for those who like to lounge by the pool, this dry oil will give you a gorgeous sheen wile still helping to block out the sun’s rays.
What kind of sun protection do you like to use? What is your favourite brand?