While I may not necessarily agree with Sochi being the host of the 2014 winter Olympics, I’m still bursting to the brim with Canadian pride and will be cheering on all of our athletes as the compete on the world stage. Since today marks the official opening of this year’s games (what did you think of the opening ceremonies?), I decided to show off my Canadian side a little with some Canada nails.
I decided to go with three colours from Nicole by OPI that were so perfect for the look I wanted to create: Nicole by OPI Yoga-then-Yogurt (new for 2014), Nicole by OPI American as Apple Pie (from the Carrie Underwood collection) and Nicole by OPI Carrie’d Away (also from the Carrie Underwood collection). I decided to go with a saran wrap mani for this look. Take a look at the steps below! Side note: I swear, the mani doesn’t look this pink in real life!
Saran Wrap Nails Tutorial:
1. Start off with 1-2 coats of your base. Allow to dry completely before moving on to the next step, or it will get pulled up.
2. Paint a coat of your second shade on the nails. I did this and the next step one nail at a time to make it easier.
3. While the second shade is still wet, dab at it with a balled up piece of saran wrap to give it an almost marbled look. Allow to dry complete.
4. Of course, no Olympic mani is complete without a little gold, so I painted a line of Carrie’d Away down the middle of my index finger for a “winning” accent.
5. Seal it off with top coat for tons of shine and you’re good to go! I used Nicole by OPI Quick Dry Top Coat.
One little thing I’d like to note – this mani can get a little messy on the cuticles around the nail. Keep Q-tips and nail polish remover handy to clean up any rogue nail polish.
Will you be watching the Olympics?