Ugh. The dreaded flus and colds that come with the winter season are nothing to laugh about. We’ve all been there – your head is throbbing, your nose won’t stop running, your eyes are red and all you want to do is lay in bed for days. There’s nothing worse than being out of commission, and we all know that a major part of looking good is feeling good. You can cake on the foundation and concealer but it’s nearly impossible to hide the fact that you feel like the walking dead.
I’ve been trying out a “genius” product that helps to fight back against colds and flus before they have a chance to get to you – the Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner ($249.99 at Target, 5-year limited warranty) which is designed to help purify the air in your home, meaning you have the upper hand against airborn bacteria and germs. This air cleaner operates on 5 different settings depending on your needs: sleep (the lowest setting, nice and quiet), germs (perfect for this time of year), general, allergen (a must for spring) and max. It has an easy to use touch screen so you can adjust it to the settings that you need, from the type of clean, oscillating action to the level of light that shines from it. It uses QuietClean ifD technology that is quiet and runs very efficiently, trapping 99.9% of particles that pass through its filters (this includes particles as small as 0.3 micros – 250 times smaller than the width of human hair).
I like who smoothly and quietly this runs. I’ve had it going in my bedroom for a month now and I don’t even notice it when I’m sleeping. I’ve been running it on the germ setting and (knock on wood), haven’t gotten sick yet, even when other members of the family have had some nasty colds. I’ve also noticed the air does seem to be cleaner and fresher – especially nice considering I’ve got a lovely dog who leaves hair and dust everywhere! I also have to mention my favourite feature of this air cleaner, which is the low maintenance it needs to run. This doesn’t require replacement filters – all you need to do is was the filter 4 times a year in the sink to keep it clean and running well.
I’ve also got some tips from Dr. David Greenberg to help fight back against colds and flus and to make the most of an air purifier:
- Dust has a way of finding its way into the home and collecting as soon as you wipe your furniture and countertops clean. Help reduce airborne dust particles with an air purifier. All Honeywell air purifiers are proven effective at capturing up to 95% or more of the dust that passes through their filters.
- Warm drinks help thin mucus, making you less likely to cough. You can also try adding teatime staples like honey and lemon to boost the cough-stopping power.
- Your immune system is constantly fighting germs, especially during cold and flu season! While you can’t avoid being exposed to sneezes and coughs in public, you can help reduce airborne germs living in your home. The Honeywell AirGenius has 5 intuitive settings, including a germs setting that is proven to reduce germs, including certain bacteria, viruses and fungi from the air that passes through the unit.
- Encourage kids to stay active, even during winter months. Light exercise can help clear respiratory mucus & helps strengthen the immune system. Yoga is a great option for adults.
- Mixing two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 8-12 oz. of water can soothe the stomach and fight colds.
I also have a Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner to give away to one of you so you can keep your air clean and germ free – and continue to look fab! Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
This giveaway is now closed and the winner has been contacted. I always have other giveaway going on though – keep checking the giveaways page to stay up to date on the latest contests!