Hi beauties! Today I’m going to do something a little different and share my tips on taking the perfect selfie! Last month, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the HTC One so that I could play around with it and try out all of its great features. I had a lot of fun playing around with this phone and couldn’t wait to share my experience with you. The HTC One has a great camera, and I thought this would be a great chance to share with you some of my tips for nailing the selfie and fashion shot.
First up, a little background on the phone. Running on Android, the HTC One is fast! I was really happy with how quickly apps and pages loaded, and never had to wait long! The body is smooth, thin and sleek, although much larger than my trusty iPhone so I had a bit of a hard time getting used to it in that sense – I couldn’t send a message and hold the phone using one hand! That being said, the larger 4.7″ display, with an unbelievably clear picture and bright colour, was definitely welcome. Social integration was also a neat plus – once I’d inputted my social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) I was able to view a “newsfeed” of sorts on the main screen, which brought together top posts from my accounts for a quick and easy look.
On to the fun part – the camera. The HTC One has an impressive HD UltraPixel camera which means your photos come out looking more like you took them using a camera than a smartphone – this is ideal for someone like mean who doesn’t like lugging my camera around when I attend events! This camera also comes with some neat photo editing options which let you easily do things like brighten, remove red eye and “air brush” your photos to help blur imperfections (see the two photos below – left is unedited, right has been edited with the tools) so that you can make sure your pictures are perfect before you share them with your friends! One other cool feature that goes hand in hand with the camera is the Zoe feature. With this, you are able to create a 30-second highlight video using photos and videos – perfect for recapping a fun night or event and sharing with your friends (which, once again is made easy with HTC Zoe Share which allows you to instantly upload your creation anywhere).
I brought the HTC One with me during my busy week at TIFF last month, and thought that it would be the perfect time to play around with it and take a few selfies and outfit shots:
And now, I bring you my top tips for taking the perfect Instagram-worthy selfie:
1. Work your angles! Play around to find the angle that perfectly captures your gorgeousness and your favourite features – highlight those cheekbones and that smile! A phone is easy to move around so play with it until your find the perfect angle for you.
2. Good lighting is key. You don’t want to look like a monster coming out of the crypt, so make sure you situate yourself somewhere where you have enough light to show off your pretty face.
3. Use a phone with a front facing camera (like the HTC One!) so you can actually see what you’re doing. If you’re using a back facing camera, chances are you’re going to end up taking a million photos until you find one you like – or one that actually has you in it!
4. Play around with photo editing tools or apps on your phone. Brightening and playing with the contrast on your phone or adding filters a la Instagram are perfect for enhancing the look of your pictures.
5. Check out your surroundings before you snap. We’ve all seen those embarrassing pictures that float around the net from time to time with, let’s say, a toilet with a little surprise in the background. Don’t let this happen to you, or you could become the next big internet meme.
6. Have fun with it! Smile, be yourself, and let your natural beauty show through. We already know you’re a babe, so let it show and take a share-worthy selfie!
What are your tips for taking the perfect selfie?