Last week I was part of a lucky group of bloggers who were invited to attend an intimate even with John Frieda Luxurious Volume, where they relaunched the redesigned collection. Jenelle of Nelle Creations and I headed to Camera in Toronto to see learn more about the reformulated products and to see them in action. Alain Larivee, John Frieda Canada’s Creative Consultant, was on hand to give us a demonstration so we could see just how well the products performed.
Alain put the products to the test, transforming the model’s hair right in front of our eyes using the Luminous Volume products, a round brush, and a blow dryer set to high heat to activate the products (the patented Kao polymer technology in the styling products activates with heat).
Here are some tips from Alain to help you achieve more volume:
- After applying Fine to Full Blow Out Spray, try turning your head upside down to allow gravity to lift your hair off the roots (especially useful when showering at night to shorten the time it takes to get ready in the morning)
- When blow drying, divide hair into two inch sections with fingers and curl ends under using a large round brush and heat with a blow dryer to polish locks – finish using your blow dryer’s cool air setting on each section before releasing hair from brush
- After applying Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion and drying hair with a blow dryer, use a curling iron to add volume to hair – the bigger the iron the looser the curls
- If you love straight hair with added volume, aim to only straighten your ends to maintain body through the rest of your hair
- For more volume, use the biggest set of rollers you have – for great results try heat induction hot rollers with a velcro coating – you get the finish of a velcro roller and the practicality and ease of hot rollers
- For natural looking volume, use your fingers as much as possible and work your hands through hair
Included in this collection:
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner ($10.49 each) – lightweight formulas cleanse and detangle, with volume boosting technology that activates when blow dried
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow Out Spray ($10.49) – this lightweight formula creates lift at the roots and results in natural looking fullness
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow-Dry Lotion ($10.49) – the new spray nozzle on this bottle allows for perfect product delivery to the roots, ensuring you get extra volume at the crown
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse ($10.49) – this lightweight mousse creates thickness by wrapping strands and boosting volume from root to tip
- John Frieda luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray ($10.49) – this hairpray is lightweight with an ultra fine spray to give extra hold and body without weighing it down – also provides humidity resistance (yay!)
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresher Dry Shampoo ($10.49) – this dry shampoo absorbs oil and greasy build up that weighs hair down, while adding texture to roots for more lift
I just wanted to add a note for those of you who colour your hair and want to try this line out – the John Frieda team suggests stick with the shampoo and conditioner matched to your hair colour (ie. Radiant Red, Brilliant Brunette, Sheer Blonde). The Luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner are safe for colour treated hair, but the colour matched shampoos and conditioners will help to preserve the colour longer.
Read on for more pictures from the event!